Highlights and product description overview
- Capture the ancient spirit of the outback on this 6-day adventure from Alice Springs to Adelaide. Take a tour around Uluru with an Aboriginal guide, discover the Lost City in the Kings Canyon, head underground in the ‘Opal Capital of the World’ to learn all about these precious stones, explore the historic township of Port Augusta, and drive through the Clare Valley wine region. This is a journey through the heartland of Australia, rich in indigenous culture and enchanting natural beauty.
- This trips provides you with the best guides in the business who know the Australian outback like the back of their hand
- Wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock of Uluru
- Hike through natural amphitheatres, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon
- Discover the spiritual importance of the outback landscape to local Aboriginal communities on guided nature walks
- In the opal-mining outpost of Coober Pedy, scorching daytime temperatures have driven the town’s few residents to live in underground ‘dugouts’. Explore the opal mine, hang out with some rescued joeys and spend the night in a subterranean bunker