Highlights and product description overview
- Travel into Australia’s magnificent Red Centre on this Overland journey from Adelaide. From the red-rock moonscapes of William Creek and the Oodnadatta Track, the underground mining town of Coober Pedy to the towering domes of The Olgas, make your way through some iconic outback sights on your way to Alice Springs. See opal cutting demonstrations, meet the furry residents of a kangaroo orphanage, and learn about indigenous spiritual beliefs on a guided walk around Uluru (Ayres Rock) as you discover more about this breathtaking Australian region.
- Discover the best of southern and central Australia on an epic road trip. Like a true Australian drover, spend your nights camping in a swag under the southern sky
- Follow the route of the old Overland Telegraph line to the town of William Creek, situated on the largest cattle station in the world
- The opal-mining outpost of Coober Pedy is like no other place in Australia, as scorching daytime temperatures have driven the town’s few residents to live underground. ‘Noodle’ for opals, hang out with some rescued joeys and spend the night in a subterranean bunker
- See the best of Australia’s iconic Red Centre on guided walks around Uluru, Kings Canyon and the ancient red domes of Kata Tjuja.
- The outback landscape is sacred to the local Aboriginal people. Learn about their special connection to the land on guided walks