Highlights and product description overview
- Drive from Darwin to Broome via Lake Argyle, Purnululu National Park and El Questro station. If you’re going to tackle the Australian Outback, then a 4WD’s the tool you need – jump in this off-roading expert to journey from the Top End to the Kimberley. Keep your peepers peeled for native wildlife around Lake Argyle, squeeze your way through the narrow paths of Echidna Chasm, and weave through the giant sandstone karsts of the Bungle Bungles. Discover the hidden natural treasures of the massive wildlife park of El Questro, ride along the iconic Gibb River Road, be dwarfed by the towering walls of Windjana Gorge, and cool off with a dip in amazing watering holes. Get off-road to check out Tunnel Creek and the Napier Range, then finish up in Broome with a real Aussie icon – a blazing red sunset.
- You’ll spend most nights of the trip sleeping in outback camping grounds. While it’s all a part of the adventure, facilities can be extremely basic
- This trip requires a HIGH level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to truly enjoy the surrounding nature. Some long hikes will really get the blood pumping, and involve wading through water and clambering over rocks. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- On some days of the trip, you will spend several hours driving, often through very sparse areas of desert. Some drives along off-road tracks can be bumpy as you really get ‘amongst it’. Get to know your fellow travellers and sit back to enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel.
- Temperatures in Western Australia are extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have base layers and warm clothing.
- We don’t recommend this trip for older passengers who are perhaps less fit or agile