Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is a two weeks package program to worlds’ 10th highest mountain’s Annapurna 1 (8091 m) with the opportunity to surround oneself with major Himalayan peaks without having to contend with extreme altitudes. Experience the harmony of Hinduism and Buddhism during Kathmandu sightseeing .The trail goes northwest from Pokhara and along the Modi Khola directly north right into a natural amphitheater of high mountains with 360-degree views of Annapurna South (7219m), Annapurna III (7555m), Gangapurna (7454m) and Machhapuchhre (6993m).
With in short duration this trek provides an interesting variety of climates, vegetation and terrain – from lowland subtropical villages growing rice to alpine vegetation closer to the pass and into the sanctuary where access could be difficult in mid-winter because of snow. Those panoramic views of beautiful mountain attracts the traveler from all other the world!
The lodges in the Annapurna Trekking Region are well equipped with extensive menus ranging from the typical Nepali “Dal Bhat” (rice with lentils) to pizza and Chau-Min. Hot showers are readily available as well. If you are planning to trek in the winter months please consult with travel agencies to confirm which lodges are open. Between Himalayan Hotel and Machhapuchhre Base Camp there is a risk of avalanches so make sure you have the latest information on trail conditions before setting off or hire a knowledgeable guide.
- One of the best medium range treks starting from 800m to over 4000m
- A magnificent journey to renowned Annapurna base camp
- Nature amphitheatre along with unparallel views of snow capped mountains
- Chance to witness amazing sunrise & sunset view over Himalayas
- Meet exciting Gurung and Magars in their local settlements
- Observe Annapurna Himalayan range, Machhaphure/Fishtail and Dhaulagiri